Janet Chang is a Chinese-American marketer, author, and healthcare technology activist. Previously, she served as VP of Marketing of GoToLaunch, an organization dedicated to promoting global entrepreneurship, founded and funded by serial entrepreneur Derek Sivers. Janet authored the book, China Startup Guide, which hit the Amazon bestseller list alongside Lonely Planet and National Geographic guides in January of 2014.
She has been invited to speak at institutions and organizations like Stanford, UCLA, Berkeley, and Quantified Self about the future of healthcare technology for chronic illness treatment.
Janet’s work and writing on business and technology has been featured in various media, including…
On a more personal note…welcome.
Thank you for visiting this corner of the internet. Below are projects I’m working on.
Marketing and Product Strategy
Does your company have a product and some sales, and need to accelerate growth of the customer base?
Clients have increased revenues of up to 20% after 1-2 months of working together. The clients that can benefit most from my work are businesses with at least 1 user acquisition channel (or revenue stream), and startups that have acquired funding from the “seed” or “A” round.
Hormone Patient Advocacy & Coaching
Do you have a hypothyroidism, adrenal insufficiency, or another chronic condition that won’t go away with conventional medical oversight?
Perhaps you have tried every supplement and remedy possible, seen every single doctor in your health insurance network and feel like there is nobody else to turn to. If so, we should talk. With your help, we can reverse-engineer the process I used to overcome unexplained fatigue, stress, weight gain, and brain fog. Together, we are granted an opportunity to ensure that others do not experience the same challenges.
Physical Performance Coaching
Looking to run that marathon you signed up for (and finish without killing yourself), finally lose weight and get into shape without deprivation, or hit a crazy ambitious fitness goal?
I help individuals go from couch to 5K to marathon, from weak to strong, from feeling overwhelmed to a calm sense of control over their bodies. A training plan I developed helped my client run a half-marathon in sub-2 hours, cut his 5K time by 3:00 minutes, and increase bench press by 20 pounds…all in a matter of 3 months. Another training plan allowed for the completion of a full distance Ironman triathlon in 50% of the weekly hourly training volume compared to typical Ironman triathletes, in 4 months. I experimented with 5 diets in 5 years before finding the one that works, so that you don’t have to. In working together, mental barriers are overcome and limiting beliefs are stripped down and replaced with empowering ones.
Learning to Code Mentorship
For those interested in advice on programming bootcamps:
Many individuals ask about how I learned to code and whether I would recommend DevBootcamp. If and when there is energy available, I will publish articles addressing the most common questions about programming bootcamps:
- Should You Learn to Code?
- Should You Go to a Programming Bootcamp?
- Should You Go to This Programming Bootcamp or That Programming Bootcamp?
- What Should You Do To Prepare for a Programming Bootcamp?
- A Review of My Dev Bootcamp Experience, from the Early Days (Fall 2012)
Other Areas of Interest
Finally, if other topics have caught your attention…
Prior to her current work, Janet accumulated the following set of experiences…
Healthcare Activist (2010-present)
- Patient and activist, self-treating a case of panhypopituitarism when America’s best board-certified endocrinologists failed to treat the condition (2010-2013)
- Co-organizer of Human Hacker House, a community for supporting the development of emerging healthcare technologies and protocols with 250 members (2012-2013)
- Currently developing the TRE framework for accelerated treatment of chronic illness using a systematic, experimental, and patient-focused approach (2014-present)
Self-Educating Entrepreneur (2010-present)
Check out the following essays and guides:
- Looking Back 5 Years, Hindsight Is 20/20: What I Would Tell My 18 Year Old Self
- Women 2.0: The Rising Femme Elite of Technology, How We Became Software Developers in 10 Weeks
- An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Building a Strong Support Network (request invite to view)
- Dating Data: Crunching the Numbers on First Kisses
Also, feel free to reach out! I’m always open to meeting growth-oriented individuals. In particular, people involved in…
- Personal Health
- Quantified Self
- Patient-Focused Healthcare
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Business Development
- Global/Asia Business