Hi there and welcome. I’m a data-driven digital marketer and international Amazon bestselling author based in San Francisco. Previously, I competed for 13 years in the sport of triathlon, speedskating, and endurance running. I’m passionate about women’s health, personal growth, behavioral psychology, and emerging cultural movements as it relates to making our world better for each and every human being living in it. That’s the short version. More details below.
Janet is the founder of JLC Innovations, where she supports technology, healthcare, and media companies in direct customer acquisition and sustainable revenue growth. Previously, she authored a #11 Amazon internationally bestselling business book and managed marketing for millionaire entrepreneur and renowned TED speaker, Derek Sivers. Janet’s approach to marketing incorporates a balance between the strategic and tactical, as well as “left brain” and “right brain” approaches, using a combination of data analytics, customer psychology, and ethical marketing techniques.
Janet is dedicated to developing new socio-cultural infrastructure through cultural movements, educational media, and emerging technologies. Select initiatives include:
- Human Hacker House, Silicon Valley’s community for the quantitative measurement of health, wellness, and personal growth, inspired by the advent of the Quantified Self and “biohacker” movements.
- StressTest, an electronic biosensor for stress measurement via cortisol hormone detection, made possible by nanotechnology in medical biosensors, the Arduino hardware technology platform, and FDA-approved medical applications on smartphones.
- Cracking Your Hormone Code, the tech-savvy woman’s guide to resolving commonly misdiagnosed hormone imbalances through a repeatable 3-step cycle of measurement, testing, and consultation with the assistance of a supportive medical professional. It is based on extensive research in academic literature combined with personal experiences.
- Make Decisions Like A Boss, a video course created in partnership with the popular online learning website, Skillshare.com, is the first of a series of courses teaching mental and behavioral frameworks for elevating executive performance in the areas of career, business, relationships, and social life.
- Stanford Spring Symposium of Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, a gathering of academics, technologists, and business executives. The discussion in 2012 centered around Self-Tracking and Collective Intelligence for Personal Wellness, during which my research was presented on “Self-Tracking for Chronic Illness Management”. More specifically, a 5-year case study conducted on nutrition protocols were used to illustrate principles of self-tracking methodologies.
Janet enjoys experiences that tests one’s persistence, resilience, mindfulness, and ability to adapt to change. She has trained for the 2018 Winter Olympic Trials, finished a full-distance Ironman triathlon, bicycled 3,800 miles across the contiguous United States in 60 days, completed 6 hours of uninterrupted meditation, and confronted her long-held fear of public speaking. When she can spare time away from work, Janet enjoys traveling abroad and expanding consciousness and self-awareness.
What people are saying
“Janet really made a masterpiece here. I so so SO appreciate her work and will sing her praises up and down to whoever will listen.”
Derek Sivers, Founder – CDBaby.com, WoodEgg
“Janet is a sweetheart to work with. I never met someone who deeply cared about the way they treat their prospects even before they have gotten the business. She is a no-nonsense leader who brings so many gems to the table. Janet delivered a plethora of value when it came to customer outreach, even before we began working together. Her knowledge and skills extend far beyond just content and marketing. Her passion for projects exceeds the customer’s needs. Janet goes beyond the “extra mile” and I look forward to working with her again in the future.”
Sweta Patel, Director of Marketing – GBox
“Janet dissected my current templates and found some holes that I just went ahead and filled. Actionable advice that will hopefully lead to results – thanks Janet!”
David Schneider, Founder & CEO – Ninja Outreach
“She is one of those uniquely talented and interesting people in this world…Despite her busy schedule she took the time to give me some detailed feedback on how to troubleshoot a problem I was having in my [software] application. Give Janet a call – you’ll learn a lot and will be glad to meet this amazing woman.”
Kevin Dewalt, Founder & CEO – SoHelpful
Let’s Work Together
Does your company have product-market fit and revenue? Do you need to rapidly grow your customer base?
If so, let’s explore the possibility of working together. We don’t use fads or any unnecessary hand-waving. Rather, we use data to drive our marketing decisions and rapidly test customer acquisition channels to find the best methods given your unique product and customer market.
Clients have increased revenues of up to 20% after 1-2 months of working together. The clients that can benefit most from my work are businesses with at least 1 user acquisition channel (or revenue stream), and startups that have acquired funding from the “seed” or “A” round.Learn More
Janet has been invited to speak to audiences at institutions and organizations including Stanford University, University of California Los Angeles, Skillshare and Quantified Self.
Janet’s work and writing on business and technology has been featured in various media, including…
Let’s Keep In Touch
I started writing (occasionally) in 2010 to explore a range of radical topics, starting from productivity for university students and sleep experiments. Recently, I’ve started writing articles more frequently, most of which are published to my private email newsletter subscribers. Topics range from entrepreneurship to fitness, marketing, and relationships. For a quick taste, check out the following essays and guides:
- Defeating the Procrastination Monster 5-Part Series
- Looking Back 5 Years, Hindsight Is 20/20: What I Would Tell My 18 Year Old Self
- Women 2.0: The Rising Femme Elite of Technology, How We Became Software Developers in 10 Weeks
- An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Building a Strong Support Network (request invite to view)
- Dating Data: Crunching the Numbers on First Kisses
Join the Tribe
If you made it this far down the page, you should sign up for my email newsletter.
Join a private community of passionate, ambitious, and young (or young at heart) changemakers in the pursuit of high performance in the areas of entrepreneurship, productivity, marketing, fitness, personal growth, and relationships. In this community, we seek to tackle our biggest goals while living in integrity with ourselves, avoiding burnout, and making the impact we want to see in the world.
No spam or B.S., only the best sent to your inbox.